Emergency First Aid at Work Course (EFAW)
December 12 @ 9:00 am - 5:00 pm GMT£79.00
Emergency First Aid at Work Course ( EFAW) is a 1 day course for people working in a lower risk environment and it can help business meet their requirements under the Health and Safety (First Aid) regulations 1981. It covers life saving skills including CPR, choking and bleeding and use of an AED (defibrillator).
This is a one day first aid course aimed at lower risk environments and enabling first aiders to provide assistance to those who are ill or injured at work. The course is typically run over one day, but it can be split over several sessions if needs be.
Our courses are fun and interactive and give you lots of practising of the skills you have learned.
Content of the Emergency First Aid at Work Course ( EFAW)
- Vital Signs – breathing, level of consciousness, temperature and colour
- Incident Management – a systematic approach to managing first aid incidents
- Airway Management – causes and treatment of unconscious collapse
- Cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR)
- Safe Use of an Automated External Defibrillator (AED)
- Breathing Problems – choking
- Circulation Problems – controlling external bleeding and treatment for shock
- Minor Injuries – small cuts, grazes and bruises, minor burns and scalds, small splinters
- Safe best practice – minimise the risk of infection
- Record keeping – recording accidents, RIDDOR, First Aid kits, disposing safely of clinical waste
- Roles and responsibilities of the first aider
Interactive hands on practical training
One CPR training manikin per 2 participants
Easy to follow individual course manual
A certificate valid for 3 years
Candidate contact time is 6 hours during a 7.5 hour session.
Registration is at 9.00am and the course begins at 9.15am and finishes at 5.00 pm. If you arrive late then you may not be able to complete the course.
Duration 7.5 hrs
Cost per Student £79
Maximum Students 12
Private Course Cost From £550